At Berk’s Intertruck Ltd we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, and to be their first choice for parts, sales and service. If you possess exemplary skills and are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service please forward your resume for our immediate consideration. We offer competitive renumeration and benefits, continuing education and a safe, stable and satisfying work environment.
Positions Currently Available:
Apprentice & Journeyman Technicians
Berk’s Intertruck is looking for 3rd or 4th year apprentice and journeyman technicians with commercial transport experience.
Or Volvo Master Technician.
The successful candidate will provide a clean driver abstract.
Journeyman will be commercial vehicle inspection certified.
- Diesel engine repairs and troubleshooting experience
- class 3 w/air or higher
- D.O.T tank repairs and testing experience
Berk’s Intertruck offers training for Volvo Isuzu Autocar and Cummins engine product lines as well as a very competitive employee wage and benefit package.
Parts Counter Person
Berk’s Intertruck LTD. is looking for a parts counterperson to join the team at our Victoria store.
Berk’s Intertruck is Vancouver Island largest independently-owned Heavy duty parts retailer, with 5 locations across Vancouver Island. We have been a family owned and operated business since 1971, and we strive to keep that feeling alive with every employee.
Do you have technical knowledge of heavy-duty commercial truck & trailer, crane, hydraulic & automotive parts? Do you enjoy the challenge of counter sales? Do you enjoy helping internal technicians with their parts products requirements? You will provide service to technicians requiring parts while ensuring quality inventory control. You will maintain inventory levels, sources parts, and provides occasional external parts sales to select customers.
- Provides requested parts to Technicians
- Processes cores and warranty parts for credit by: receiving tagged parts from Technicians, matching tags, inspecting parts, and placing in designated area in warehouse
- Stocks shelves and reports to Parts Manager on stock levels.
- Participates in annual parts inventories, clean-up, and preparation work
- Sources parts for customers by phoning suppliers
- Seeks technical information regarding new & current products
- placement of stock orders
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with commercial truck & trailer, crane, hydraulic, automotive parts and heavy duty parts
- Dealership experience an asset
- Ability to identify parts and work independently
- Prior parts sourcing or purchasing of products preferred
- Experience with operating a forklift preferred
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Customer service focus & ability to build relationships
- Basic computer knowledge: keyboarding, data entry, internet
- Strong numbers orientation, attention to detail
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- A team player, shows initiative, and a learner attitude
- Mechanical aptitude an asset